We are seeking a New York City DOB Permit Expediter Class 2 to join our team. Candidate should possess comprehensive knowledge in the NYC Buildings Department and other city agencies procedures to file and obtain permits.
1. Permit Expediter Responsibilities:
- Ensure all required information for project design and planning is obtained.
- Prepare forms for new build, alteration type 1, 2, and 3 submission.
- Send weekly status reports to clients
- Project coordination with clients, consultants, and contractors.
- Identify/forecast any critical problems in project.
- Determine project objectives and requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team, both in-house and out-of-house.
- Experience with zoning and building codes.
2. Permit Expediter Requirements:
- Must work 9:00am – 5:00pm.
- Must work 9:00am – 1:00pm two Saturdays in the month.
- Must have a valid NYS driver’s license and have own means of transportation.
- Must have knowledge is using and filing applications in the DOB system.
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- 5 Plus years as a DOB Filing Representative with class 1 and class 2 license.
- 5 Plus years as a FDNY filing representative.
- Must be able to work with a team.
- Punctuality is a must.
- Health Insurance.
- Dental Insurance.
- Vision Insurance.
- Paid Lunch.
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
4. Pay Type:
5. COVID-19 Precautions:
- Remote interview process.
- Plastic shield at workstations.
- Temperature screenings.
- Social distancing guidelines in place.
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place.
6. Equal Opportunity Employer:
Mailliw Permit Expediting Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on the individual’s actual or perceived disability, race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.